1.21.2010

Rotation Switch-a-roo

I realized last night that I hadn't told you all about my rotation changes. The hospital I was scheduled to go to in February cancelled my rotation (and another student's January rotation) due to "staffing loss." One of my roommates was there in October and saw the drama brewing -- it apparently got worse after her rotation. I'm glad the hospital told the school "hey we don't have time to teach students, they won't have a good experience, please find them something else" because I hate being in people's way and wasting everyone's time, but it really screwed up my schedule for a bit.

Things got moved and cancelled and moved again. They thought there was a simple fix, but then they got their stories mixed up and it wasn't so simple. So instead of advanced hospital in Hendersonville, nuclear in Charlotte, and advanced community in Asheville, my new schedule is:

February - Advanced Community, Kerr Drug, Asheville NC
March - Advanced Hospital, Angel Medical Center, Franklin NC
April - Nuclear Pharmacy, PETNET Solutions, Winston-Salem, NC

The biggest differences with this new schedule are that I won't be going back to Charlotte for a month, the kind of nuclear pharmacy is different than what I did this summer at my internship or last September which will teach me something new and allow me to network with a new company, and my advanced hospital rotation went from a 30 minute commute to and hour and half ONE WAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment