1.18.2010

Is it April yet?

Today, I'll even settle for February.

I'm not loving 2010 too much so far. This rotation in the ICU is really not my favorite. I know last time I blogged I was all excited about my preceptor, well he's not as awesome as I had hoped. Really he's just too busy. He's responsible not only for order entry/verification but also all the consult notes, and not just for the ICU, for the step down units as well. So he really has a lot to do with getting ready for rounds and getting things entered for the nurses and making sure things are dosed right all the time. Doesn't leave much time for teaching (which he, by the way, not so subtly pointed out last week).

This week he's working evenings, so I have won myself some stand in pharmacists. Today my pharmacist hadn't worked in critical care for so long they had moved the unit to a new building (which is still underconstruction) and she didn't even know where she was supposed to go. Her direction for me for the day: do whatever you think will teach you something, because I don't even know what you kids learn in school these days. Gee, helpful. I'll have a different pharmacist tomorrow through the rest of the week, hopefully she'll be willing to share her knowledge a little more.

In addition to checking ICU off the list of Pharmacy Areas Suzanne Might Want To Work In Someday, I'm also feeling neglected about pharmacy residency interviews. Several of my classmates have already lined up multiple interviews and I haven't been invited to one yet. I did get a mighty fine (sucky) form email from Mission (my top choice) letting me know that of the 71 applicants for their TWO residency positions, they would only be inviting 15 people to interview and I was not one of the lucky ones. I am genuinely happy and excited for all of my friends that have interviews and wish them all the best of luck. I am also quite pleased with myself that I am not a trainwreck because I haven't been invited yet. I'm growing up. And I'll get a job too somewhere someday.

So yeah, today was definately not my favorite, but its mostly over. I'll read some of my fun book, eat a coffee gelato truffle, and just keep wondering... is it April yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment