1.03.2010

A new year, a new month...

I moved back to Asheville tonight, along with 5 of my classmates. Our January rotations (#5 of 8) start tomorrow morning. I will be in the medical/surgical ICU (med/surg distinguishes it from neuro or trauma or burn, etc). I'm not really looking forward to it.

December was a nice month off from rotations. I had a very lovely Thanksgiving with grandparents, aunt, uncles, cousins, and friends, and a very nice Christmas as well. Lots of family parties, lots of football, and lots of time working at the hospital. It has been great to go back every Christmas and make money, I just wish I didn't need the money so much so I had more time with friends (I know, welcome to the real world - yeah yeah yeah). Santa brought several of my presents early for my trip to Vegas so not everything was a surprise Christmas morning, but it was all greatly appreciated.

For New Year's Eve, Thomas and I went to see Jeff Dunham in Uptown Charlotte. It was a really entertaining show. It was all new material and Jeff kept cracking himself up during the show which was a little funny to see. He does a great job creating his characters. After the show we went to a party at one of my friends from Queens' house. All in all, a good night.

So for the new year, I'm back in Asheville as I've said. As I drove back today, there were still snow remnants along the highway and in our backyard. The heat is apparently broken downstairs so there's a 20 (maybe 40) degree difference between floors. They did some repairs to the house over break and we have a new shower downstairs! It isn't any bigger, but it is nice and shiney and clean. Between the no heat downstairs, fighting with a book shelf for an hour, and realizing I left ALL my pants minus my suit and some jeans in Charlotte -- it has already been "one of those days." I'm looking forward to May and yet praying I learn a LOT between then and now.

Oh, I took WAY too many pictures in the last few months and haven't posted them all. Here is a photo album I made on fb to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment