7.29.2010

Some wedding things...

As I wait for my room to cool off so I can workout, I'll share some wedding plans with you. We've picked a date: July 30, 2010 and a venue: the Charlotte Country Club. I've picked a dress for me and my 'maids! Even Mom has found a dress already! We're making little decisions here and there, but each one makes me feel accomplised (that is until I look at the planning manual and realize all the other decisions to be made!)

Thomas and I think we have the wedding party set and our friends and families are very excited to be a part of our day. Last weekend we went out to the Club to meet with our event planner and to see how they were setting up for another wedding. It was super helpful to see the rooms set and to start thinking about where we want tables, and how many, and what kinds. And to do the math to make sure we can fit enough chairs in the room for the ceremony and that sort of thing. Our event planner also gave us their Preferred Vendor List. We don't have to use those folks necessarily, but they do have more experience working with them so it narrows the field a bit.

So, decisions made: venue (and caterer), clothes for the girls, photographer, and shape of the wedding cake (and possibly another dessert surprise)!
Decisions left to make: officiant, boys clothes, baker, flowers, music, menu.....lots! Good thing we're going to a Bridal Showcase in a couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment