6.01.2010

Happy... everything!

May has been (well was since its June now) a very exciting month!! We started the month off by ending our 4th year of Pharmacy school and finishing up rotations. Mother's Day weekend brought a huge celebration of family (Mom's of course) and graduation from Pharmacy school. My mom and grandmother were especially proud to have a doctor in the family again.

Just after graduation we dashed off to Paris (I promise to post more about that trip soon) and got engaged!! It was an amazing surprise and a wonderful way to get to know Thomas's family better. I'm glad we all got along and am happy they will be my family one day.

After Paris, the job search continued. After a second interview with Presby, where I have worked for many years already, I was officially offered a pharmacist's position. I took a few hours to think about it and accepted! I will start as an intern later this month until I get licensed in July. It wasn't the goal I set for myself when I started pharmacy school, but a lot has changed since then and this is the best move I can make right now. I will continue to pursue nuclear pharmacy as a career option, but its important for me to start working as quickly as possible and gain experience any and everywhere I can.

To finish off the month of course, was BIRTHDAYS!! Thomas and I had some friends and his parents over to my parents house this weekend for a nice party. BBQ pork sandwiches, home-made slaw and fruit salad, and his sister made us a cake! It was great to have friends around to celebrate with. It certainly was a great month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment