3.27.2010

Six Weeks

Six weeks from now I will graduate from pharmacy school. Six weeks and I will be Dr. Hirsch. Wow, these will be the longest and shortest six weeks I can imagine. What will I do next?

I'm wrapping up my second to last rotation here in Franklin. Its been a good month, although slow at times. The work flow is different here than in other settings I've worked, but I've figured it out and its not so bad. I've gotten comfortable enough with the physicians to ask them questions about their physical exam and also about their therapy choices. That's always hard as an outsider. My confidence has increased this month, I really needed that.

I had a phone interview with a residency program earlier this week and quickly realized we weren't matching up. It didn't take them long to let me know they had selected someone else. Not really what I wanted to hear, but what I expected. Now I'm focusing on my career in nuclear pharmacy, and probably applying for some back-up choices in hospitals or maybe even a VA.

I move again on Wednesday and start nuclear pharmacy again on Thursday. This time will be PET, positron emission tomography, which is most often used to detect cancers. Its more radioactive than the kind I did on my internship or my September rotation so there will be more shielding involved -- which mostly means everything will be a lot heavier (maybe then I won't have to lift weights at the gym)! I'm really excited to get started and learn more about nukes, and a different side of it all together.

Only six more weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment