10.26.2009

...and then a hero comes along....

(yuck, not my favorite song).

So Thomas and I got a last minute invite to attend a fundraising event this past weekend. Every year the Charlotte Bobcats host the My Hero Gala to raise money for Presbyterian Hospital's Community Cruiser. The theme: black tie and tennis shoes! For once, fashion meets comfort...and I like it!

The event recognizes a physician and a community member or two that have gone above and beyond to help promote healthcare for kids in Charlotte. The Community Cruiser is a big RV/camper thing, painted bright orange and green, that provides healthcare to un/underinsured kids in the Charlotte areas and in the last year, the cruiser has seen almost 2300 children!! Anywho, here are some pictures from the event.

Putting on my new kicks! The whole family.
One of the Heros, in her tennis shoes

Thomas and Gerald Henderson (boo dook!) and me and Raymond Felton (GO HEELS!)

Oh yeah, when Thomas and I got off the light rail train by his studio, we decided to go to Jillian's for a couple games of skeeball! What a fun night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment