7.26.2009

Good-bye little cottage

The past week has been all about moving. Yuck! After finishing my internship, I spent the week packing my little cottage and going through as much stuff as I could. Man do I have a lot of stuff! I have loved my little place in Chapel Hill. I lived there for all three years of pharmacy school and I'm sad to leave it.

Thomas, my boyfriend, is also moving, tomorrow. We have spent the week making trips to buy tape and boxes and bubble wrap and paper and trips to Good Will and then back again. Its exhausting, and a little sad. Three years is the longest either of us has left our stuff in one place since we left home after high school. For me, the last 12 months have been the first time I have spent 12 consecutive months in the same place since I left for college (8 years of bouncing back and forth!)

Our parents are wonderful helpers and have come to Chapel Hill to load trucks, drive them back to Charlotte, unload trucks, and help clean (thanks Mom!). Now that all my stuff is in Charlotte, I have a week to reorganize it and hide it in attic spaces before moving to Asheville for my last year of school. I'll be living in a house with other healthcare students (some from my class) which is paid for by a state program, so at least I won't have to move furniture again!

I hate moving, but I did get oriental lilies from Thomas, just to be nice. They are my new favorite flower this week, and they smell wonderful!! :)

1 comment:

  1. take a picture of the lilies, we want to SEE! and I want your address in Asheville, pretty please.

    ReplyDelete