11.08.2010

Wallpaper vs. Desks

According to my parents, and some of the ladies at work, the ultimate "couple/team building" experience is wallpapering together. If you two can communicate and survive hanging wallpaper in a room in your house, you're set for life.

Thomas and I don't have a house yet. Even if we did, wallpaper is not my favorite decorating medium; and since I hate painting, I doubt wallpaper would fall in any category remotely close to fun. Thomas and I build furniture. Since moving in to our townhouse apartment, we have built 1 book shelf, 1 DVD cabinet, 1 desk, 1 credenza, 2 hutches, and an office chair. We are no longer shy of items listed as "some assembly required" that really translates to "all assembly required."

We started off with many boxes that looked like this:


And now we have things that look like this:

That is at least our combined DVD collection. And we still have room to add more!!


The best thing about the office, and Thomas, is I left for work with it looking like the above photos. Only the desks in the room. When I came back, it looked like this:


I'd like to thank the delivery guys for bringing in all those boxes, the drill and extra battery for the ability to screw screws faster, Thomas for filling up two bookshelves with his books, and my 8th grade Shop Trophy for making this room possible!


No comments:

Post a Comment