5.06.2010

An update

Okie dokie, pardon the absence, somehow life without school/work got more hectic than life with it. My month in Winston with PETNET was great. The guys there taught me a lot about the high energy, PET side of nukes and really worked hard to help me find a job. I'm definately saving their contact information and looking for them at pharmacy meetings in the future.

PET wasn't quite as fun as traditional, SPECT nukes. Its really only one major product at this point, where as with traditional you're making different kits. And those manipulator arms really hurt "my texting fingers" aka thumbs. It wouldn't keep me from doing it, but I'd prefer the traditional stuff.

As for the job situation: blargh. The nuke company starting up a new lab has decided to hold off hiring their third pharmacist. There is still a shortage of the technetium isotope and they are trying to break in to a new market, so they just think its best for business to wait. I understand that, and they seemed honest with me about it, but that still leaves me without a job. I had an interview this week with my hospital. I think it went well and we scheduled a second interview with managers and pharmacists for the end of May (yeah, I would really have liked that to be earlier on the calendar). I'm still looking around and still stressing out.

Graduation is THIS weekend. Last week we were all back in Chapel Hill to practice and get our regalia and visit. It was great to see our friends and sad to leave them again. My KD sister, Carrie Richardson, came and took pictures of Thomas and I in our regalia so we don't have to fight the crowds on graduation weekend. My family will start arriving in Chapel Hill tomorrow through Saturday morning. Pharmacy school graduation is on Saturday night and then "big" UNC graduation is Sunday.

And on Monday.... PARIS! I'll have limited internet time, but I'll try to add some tidbits here and there. Happy May everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment