12.01.2009

Rabbit Rabbit

My college roommate told me if you say "rabbit rabbit" as your first words on the first day of a new month, it would bring you good luck for the month. I never remember to do it first thing, but I usually remember later. It doesn't seem to do much for me then.

So its December and I'm back home in Charlotte. I have the month off from clerkships which is a nice break, but by no means "empty" or "free time." I've already gone back to work at Presbyterian Hospital as a technician where I've worked throughout pharmacy school. My big project for the month of December is residency applications. Pharmacists can do residencies just like doctors, only its shorter and not required by everyone (yet). Next week I'm going to Las Vegas for a few days for a HUGE national residency showcase (think monstrous college fair) and pharmacy convention. After which, I get to assemble packets of transcripts, letters of intent, and letters of reference to send in to apply for a one year ambulatory care residency. Interviews will be in late January - February and then the Match is in March (its all very much like sorority recruitment -- just on a national level).

Anywho, the last weekend in Asheville was nice and calm. Only one of the roommates and I were there. I went downtown on Saturday to watch the Holiday Parade. It was a fun, small town parade with marching bands, horses, candy for the kiddies, and floats! Oh, and Santa came at the end of course.

I got back to Charlotte just in time for Thanksgiving: complete with our own turkey and pilgrim!

No comments:

Post a Comment